15 September 2008

Culture Shock

I found my journal from my semester abroad last night.... Ok I didn't find it... I knew where it was, but I decided to read it again last night.
Wow those were some wild times.
Well today is Costa Rica's independence day. They celebrate real good. All the school kids make paper lantrums(sp) and there's a parade every 3 blocks or so. Wild.
So today I'm in this pseudo-culture shock phase. I mean I just spent 2 hours reading my journal and reliving my entire semester in a matter of 40 minutes per month spent there.
This could also explain why I've been a little more cranky that usual. I mean, I came back from CR with a huge chip on my shoulder and questions/thoughts that no one else could relate to. Well now that its been 2 years since I went I think the chip is reforming. I've just been cynical about the US and the world around.
I've got to find my non-cynical place again, but never forget what I learned in CR.

No comments: