It's a book. Not how I feel. I don't feel happy about the book. It talks about where all the traditions in Christianity of today started and why they are not biblical. Ok. I can handle that. But this book is so cynical. I understand what the authors(Barna and someone else) are getting at, but they sure take a negative spin on it. Of course, I'm only about half way through the book. They keep pointing out the problems and they haven't brought up any solutions. Times have changed since the New Testament was written. I don't think that Jesus died and expected us to just remain the same in how we practice our faith. The writers mention something about the use of visual appeal in church buildings. First of all, we shouldn't have church buildings, but second of all, they make the arguement that art shouldn't be used. I'm pretty sure that God gave us gifts and talents in order to serve Him and worship Him better. And using those gifts to stimulate worship and an atmosphere in a building where the body of Christ meets doesn't seem like such a bad thing. Maybe I'm totally off base. I am hoping that they produce some solutions to making current Christianity what it was supposed to be(?). I mean how do we know that what they did back in the NT is what God wanted them/us to do forever? If any of the "Christian things" were doing are not edifying God, then of course we should stop. Does God really care where we meet? As long as we're authentic, I don't think it should matter.
I'm probably just a pagan anyway. But God is the judge. Not some authors.
If it's not for Jesus, why do it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment