Tonight was my first practice with the band. I don't even know how quite to describe it. All I know is that my shoulder hurts from where the strap crossed it. That bass is heavy. I think I caught on pretty fast to what we were playing. I didn't get the music until this morning and I was practically on my way out the door when I got it too. I knew I wouldn't be home all day so I quickly printed the songs. Those songs were only half of what I was supposed to have. I felt like 5 blocks behind the rest of the band tonight. I know it was only my first practice, but I hate to let people down. I don't know what they were expecting. Maybe I can surprise them next week by being totally on top of things. Or just make another complete fool out of myself. LOL. I need to be able to keep that bass on my shoulder for 2 hours straight. I guess I won't put it on until I absolutely have to.
Hopefully next week will go better...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment