I work very hard to keep an upbeat attitude. Very hard. I have a tendency to become very critical which then makes me cynical. I don't think those are very wonderful attributes of myself so I try to protect others from them. If I know my opinion is safe with you, then maybe I'll explain why I'm frustrated with something. But usually I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I feel so I don't make much sense.
I do disagree with plenty of people. Do I always try to start an arguement just to get my opinion heard? No. Why? Because the arguements that I especially hate to get into are the ones with other people who tend to be cynical or over critical. Its a downward spiral for me.
Topics to avoid with me are: US Foreign Policy, Free Trade Agreements, Cuba, Politics, Close-minded opinions on any topic, Church divisions, "Their culture is wrong" thoughts, and there are more that is just to name a few.
I am fairly open minded and I like to hear others' thoughts. I like to be challenged by new ideas too. Reading is how I get most challenged. That way I can work out my thoughts on my own time.
Bye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment