The Bible study that I'm apart of broke up last night. Considering how flexible our schedules are, it was becoming particularly hard to find time to meet together or have time to complete the tasks each week to fully participate in Bible study. I know I was struggling to read through Isaiah, but I didn't come because of what we were studying. I enjoyed the fellowship. I don't hang out with very many people and outside of Bible study none my age.
I guess it didn't hit me last night, but I feel like my group of friends just broke up. I guess now I'll get to nap longer on Sunday afternoons.
Twentysomethings hang out with their own kind. Married couples, married couples with kids, and singles... they just don't have anything in common. How can they all expect to be friends? I love my friends who are in the first two groups and my fellow single twentysomethings. But its like I'm not in their club because I'm not married and I don't have kids. But I do come in handy as a babysitter once and awhile. Pu-leeze.
I'm not any less of a female by not being married or not having kids. I'm only 22. Give me a few years. I'm a young adult so that means I don't have it all figured out and if you think you do(because you have a spouse or are married), well you're wrong. None of us have it figured out hence why we should all be able to live in harmony together and love unconditionally.
And a rant for those who are engaged sending out date reminders--- those magnets are ridiculous. Waste of money. Flaunting that you're getting married is not becoming of you.
This post started out ok and then I lost it. I leave things pent up way too much. I need to release more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
were you looking at the fridge again? Oh, you make me laugh, love. I miss you lots!!!
Post a Comment