If you have never seen the David Crowder Band in concert, well... you should. Oh my. It was the most crazy, wonderful, amazing experience. First of all, their music is just happy and good to begin with. I mean you can't go wrong with upbeat rockin' out music. Second, David Crowder played a key-tar. You know.... a keyboard that's on a strap, but sorta has a guitar neck and box-ee shape. It was bright green. So cool. They also played the Super Mario Bros theme song. That was cool. THEN... David Crowder grabs a Guitar Hero guitar and plays it. The drummer had upgraded it and it could actually make its own sounds. There was also the power up noise on there. Oh it was so cool. He kept referring to the band that played before them(which was Hawk Nelson) as Mr. Nelson. It was hilarious.
They're good in concert.
Now it was a concert, but the DCB writes a lot of the songs that are used in Contemporary Worship settings so there was a lot of worshiping God going on. That's cool, you know. I don't have a problem with going to a concert and worshiping God. I have a problem with the opposite... when I go to a worship service and it feels like a concert. And the focus is on the band, not God.
Still one more day of Agape left. Being exhausted and sore comes with the territory. At least I wasn't camping....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
we got showers!!! WOOT!!! I had a blast with you this weekend! :-)
Post a Comment