06 May 2008

Sometimes thinking makes my head itch...

I've been hung up on something the speaker said at Agape. I don't remember his name, but he's almost always there each year. He started off his Saturday night talk with telling the audience about the miscarriage that his wife and him had this last week. Now I'm not quite sure why he told us that... First of all, he could have gotten his point across with out being so personal(I'm not sure that's the word I'm looking for... maybe I'm more looking for a phrase... how about "asking for pity"... or "trying to make us feel sorry for him"... I know he wasn't... but he was trying to get an emotional response out of us). Second, how does his wife feel about him telling us this?
Ok back to my thinking on this talk. He began to relate himself to how God feels about the church and His children. He said, "When God does an ultrasound of the church, does He find a heartbeat?" Now I know he was getting at how there are a lot of Christians who are not living life to the fullest or living following God.
I guess what I'm getting at is that I'm going to make sure that when God does His "ultrasound" that He's going to find a heartbeat wherever I'm at. I am going to beat for God. (And on a silly note, I'll be beating up whoever gets in my way also... beat... beating... ok nevermind).
Yeah my head keeps itching... and its not dandruff. :-)

2 comments:

WICK said...

oh man.

and I'm all about doing incredibly cheesy illustrations, based on ANYTHING usually.

i really don't like that one.

Katie said...

Yeah I didn't really like it either, but it did make me think and I'm pretty sure it did because it made me uncomfortable.